Friday 29 January 2016

Friday Five: The Last Five Books I brought (kinda)


It's FRIDAYYYYYY and I won't lie I've brought a lot-ta books recently... (GIFS are back)


So as hard as I try I physically can't list just 5 so it'll be 5ish books I recently brought (more like 20).

*ALSO I JUST SAW I REACHED 700 PAGE VIEWS SO THANK YOU GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND I HAVE A BOOKISH SURPRISE UP MY SLEEVE COMING SOON*

Okay so Number 1 is not actually 1 book (I'm not claiming I have self restraint at book shopping). But it's super stunning which makes up for the fact I got 6. *covers eyes*
ARE THEY NOT JUST PERFECT? YES YES THEY ARE SORRY BANK ACCOUNT!

That said I would like to share a little secret: you don't have to have lots of money to buy these in fact I picked them up at the BARGAIN price of just £12.99 (Link to Snazal here) despite already owning them which is very reasonable in my defense. (I did spend a lot overall though which probably isn't good but I got a lot too).



Number 2 was Silence is Goldfish by Annabel Pitcher

I heard about this book initially at YALC from Annabel and have been meaning to pick it up ever since.

Short synopsis: My name is Tess Turner - at least, that's what I've always been told.
I have a voice but it isn't mine. It used to say things so I'd fit in, to please my parents, to please my teachers. It used to tell the universe I was something I wasn't. It lied.
It never occurred to me that everyone else was lying too. But the words that really hurt weren't the lies: it was six hundred and seventeen words of truth that turned my world upside down.
I can't wait to read it it sounds so interesting!

Oh and check out the lovely cover art!!!



That brings us to Number 3 (conveniently three books at once)

I picked up three of the many colourful wonders that are David Levithan's books.
I got:

How They Met

Everyday

Two Boys Kissing

But there's still more of his books I'd like to get!

P.s. you should all watch Naomi and Eli's No Kiss List on Netflix

I love how colourful they all are and so unified too!



Number 4 (Nearly there)



Christmas is So Over *cries* but the GIF below illustrates me after Christmas (Santa suit and all).



YES I HAVE THE HARDCOVER ALREADY.






BUT ITS SOOOOOOO PRETTY.






I MAY NEED BOOK ADDICTION SUPPORT. ASAP.





Number 5

May the odds be ever in your Favor!!

*Whistles*

I wish I had all three yet strangely I can only find Mockingjay (maybe it's fate!)(Or not as I'll still buy them inevitably).

Remakes of cover art never fail to impress me.. asdfghjkl



Well that's all my five (sort of). Until next time... HAPPY READING!!!

Sophia (definitely, BrokeFromBooks)

No comments:

Post a Comment