Friday 18 August 2017

Review of SEED by Lisa Heathfield

Morning! 
Today's review is of the lovely Seed which I was so excited to post about that I accidentally deleted it instead of posting it. 


A little About Seed

Seed loves you. Seed will never let you go.

Fifteen-year-old Pearl has lived her whole life protected within the small community at Seed, where they worship Nature and idolise their leader, Papa S. When some outsiders arrive, everything changes. Pearl experiences feelings that she never knew existed and begins to realise that there is darkness at the heart of Seed. A darkness from which she must escape, before it's too late.

A condensed summary of my thoughts

Wow. That's the first word I knew I'd have to begin with  when I finished the book because Seed is amazing. Amazing doesn't even do it just but immediately after turning the last page I just in awe. 

This book captivated me and touched my heart in so many ways. I want to cry I want to smile because Seed is a beautifully written, heartbreaking, saddening story told so so well. 

Lisa's craft for writing was extraordinary not only telling Pearl's story based on the only world she knows, but giving a wealth of insight into the life of those at Seed and life in a cult. I also really liked the narrative style and the use of an alternate POV. 


I got this lovely book at Michelle's YALC Blogging Panel many moons and far too long ago but I'm so glad i finally read it because it truly is an amazing heartbreaking honest story. Michelle told me I'd love it and she was so very right. 

Have you read Seed? What did you think? 
Comment below or tweet me @brokefrombooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment