Monday 20 July 2015

Book Tag Monday: Behind The Username

So its been a month since my introduction post and I've been overthinking the whole thing but after the amazing Bloggers 101 at the Young Adult Literature Convention this weekend I'm feeling inspired and ready to jump in. Thanks again to all the lovely bloggers who made me feel so welcome...

Onto the booktag!

So Daniel (TheBloggersBookshop) tagged me about an hour ago to do this and I was so excited that I've done the tag instantly. (p.s. amazing tag Daniel)

Username

BrokeFromBooks

Reason behind the username

I was on my way back from a Waterstones signing sitting on the train when conversation turned to if I'd ever set up a bookstagram (which turned out to be my first step into the bookish world). I thought about it (as I had several times before) and proceeded to conjure up a range of names some completely atrocious (Bookasaurus/ Bookasaurus rex was an option)!
Before midnight I'd  come up with BrokeFromBooks I loved it as it summarised how books emotionally could break you and your heart yet also how buying books was straining my bank account. An added bonus and to my utter surprise it wasn't already taken on instagram so I grabbed it. Just over 3 months later here I am :D

Number of characters in username

14 

Book number 14 on my shelf

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

Have I read it?
No sadly I haven't but I've heard a lot of great things and since its a pretty small looking book I think I should hopefully be able to fit it in soon.

Acrostics Username 
Butter by Erin Lange
Remix by Non Pratt
Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill
Kiss (a) in the Dark by Cat Clarke
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Reached by Lauren Oliver
On the Beach at Night Alone by Walt Whitman (penguin LBC)
Messy by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman
Onehundred (The 100) by Kass Morgan
O
K
Slated by Teri Terry

Oh dear... * covers face with hands* I'm all out of O and K books its a shame so many start with T and T isn't in my username aha so I may update this in the future *searches Amazon for YA beginning with K and O to buy*

Well this tag was more difficult than expected but great fun! 

I tag some of the lovelies I met at YALC:
Michelle-@ChelleyToy
Naz-@Snazzyreads
Megan-@BookAddictdGirl
Anna-@enchantedbyya

Can't wait to see your book tag post!

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME TO BOOK BLOGGING! I was also at the panel :)

    Your username is sooooo relatable, especially after this weekend. So much money is now sitting on my floor waiting to be shelved!

    I recommend going over to www.bloglovin.com and claiming your blog. I've already added it to the site so I can follow your posts, but you'll need to claim it to see how many followers you have, etc.

    Can't wait to read more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKYOU! Snap! weird how many people from social media I was in the same room as without realising this weekend! It was a really great panel!

      That's definitely been an added bonus I love that so many people can relate to my name. You've literally summarised my situation except my money is sitting on my desk waiting to be shelved!

      Thanks I didn't know I could do that will do so now!

      Thankyou can't wait to hear your thoughts I'll be posting a review later this week!

      Delete