Monday 27 July 2015

Book Tag Monday: #TheGreatBritishSummerBookTag

It's Monday again already! (I think I'm losing track of the days already) anyhow another Monday another tag and I was tagged for this by:
Maisie @ThemaisieAllen
Gill @book_magpie

Unfortunately the weather is largely disappointing for summer but on with the tag...

Q1) You've been offered a weeks holiday, staying in a 5 star hotel and being pampered to within and inch of your life on a hot tropical island, all expenses paid! (assuming this is your thing) However, in return you have to give up one of your precious books! And give it up forever, no second copy! What book could you just NOT give up for this great opportunity?


This is most certainly my thing! I'm horrendous at favourites but I know for definite I couldn't live without All The Bright places by Jennifer Niven. I'm yet to re-read it but honestly I feel I learnt so much from this Amazing book (and its incredibly beautiful inside and out). p.s. feel free to check out my beautiful handmade miniature bookmark of the book here on my bookstagram.

Q2) It’s one of those rare genuine summer days we have here and you’re sitting comfortably on a sun lounger in the garden, its almost 30 degrees in the shade! You have your feet in a bowl of iced water and a deliciously cool drink in your hand. What book would you want to be reading right at this moment?

My sunshine reads tend to vary from my non-sunshine reads I have a strange mental partition between books I can and can't read in the sunshine. (I learnt the hard way by trying to read Rain in the sunshine *holds head in hands*). I tend to read either really summery books or a gripping storyline. Last year I read Sophie Mckenzie's Close My Eyes in the blazing heat so I think maybe Cat Clarke's new novel I recently picked up would work well.


Q3) Its the UK, so the summer isn't always sunny, bright and warm. What book that you weren't especially fond of would make a great umbrella to protect you from those sudden downpours/thunder/lightning/floods we often have?

My worst book nightmare would be to intentionally damage books. But, if I had to sacrifice one I'd choose PromTastic. As much as I tried there were so many POV's and I really struggled to get through the book. I requested it (my first ever review request) and shortly after starting realised that it was probably aimed at a younger audience than myself. That said I would in no way discourage people from buying it because it simply wasn't my cup of tea.


Q4) It's a warm, sultry night and you're by yourself on the beach with friends who are all paired off in couples sitting around a campfire chatting and eating overcooked sausages. What book character  do you wish you could snuggle up to?

Ooh...I love this question already! I'd choose Luke from It's About Love. (Very close to me chasing down characters from TFIOS and THG). Honestly, part of my decision may be relative to my recent reading of the story. However, not only would Luke be able to hold endless conversation on films and TV (fingers crossed that includes Sense8) but I'm sure there'd be a bundle of film references too. *EXT: BEACH CAMPFIRE*

Q5)  One of those rare heatwave hot days of summer has caused the roads to melt, the internet to crash and hoards of mutant, zombie porcupines have taken over your town, as they do! What author would give you the best advice to get out of this sticky situation before you are caught and turned into one yourself?

Lauren Destefano: I follow her on Twitter and she's just brilliant! Her book released in September is about a girl who sees the dead so that could be a useful Zombie Attack guide. In general she has a real honest insight into the world and her advice would probably involve cats too which is totally cool!

Well that's all for now! (Until Thursday)

I tag:

Michelle-@ChelleyToy
Naz-@Snazzyreads
Beth-@BookLoverx
Daniel-@theblogbookshop




2 comments:

  1. thanks for taking part Sophia, great answers. I love the sound of the new cat Clarke myself.

    Gill @book_magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Gill completely missed your comment! You're welcome Thanks for the tag! We'll have to discuss it once we've both read it!

      Delete